Many companies seek an order management software out of frustration and desperation. As orders pile up on a desk or spreadsheets become painfully unwieldy, companies start to seek a better way to manage orders from customers.
While SaaS (software as a service) models fit some companies very well, growing businesses often make the mistake of settling for an over-the-counter order management system based purely on price considerations. This is a costly mistake for companies experiencing rapid growth or seeking specialized features because a SaaS can cost you money and time in the long run.
How an OMS Benefit Buyers & Suppliers
Here are five ways that an OMS Enterprise like Jellyfish pays for itself:
- Promote Company Branding: If your order management process is slow, clunky, or hard to access, then your customers assume that your company is the same way. Up-to-date OMS features make your brand seem like an industry leader ready to do business. An innovative order management solution can help your brand by giving businesses a good impression of what it is like to order from you.
- Enhance Customer Service: Providing order transparency by creating an open flow of communication through in-app chat with sales representatives increases the ways that buyers can get answers and help. An Enterprise order management solution can help you serve your buyers better by providing customer service right at their fingertips.
- Provide Easy Access: Logging into the ordering system, desktop application only dashboards, and complicated ordering processes frustrate customers and waste time. The easier it is for customers to order through desktop or app from you the more satisfied they will be and the more often they will order.
- Cut Data Entry Mistakes: Data entry cost time on the part of the person who must input the orders. For each mistake, an order is delayed, a shipment is missed, and a customer is angry. A robust Enterprise order entry system allows customers to directly enter orders – so your sales reps are free to actually sell products – and decreases errors because the buyer is creating the order. Calculate the cost of order and shipping errors.
- Eliminate Shared Profits: For most SaaS order management software solutions, companies pay an on-boarding fee, a monthly fee, and a percentage of each processed order transaction. To save money, a business should opt for an Enterprise solution that belongs to them with their own branding.
Some efforts save time and others save money. When companies give their customers the ability to electronically order, the savings in time and money include a decrease in errors from data entry and fees for paid SaaS OMS services. Suppliers can increase the number of orders submitted from buyers by giving them easy access to all products and promote their company brand by providing a fast, efficient order management system using Jellyfish Enterprise.
Learn more about Jellyfish Enterprise today!