If you own or manage a business, then there are three things that are true.
- There is never enough time to get everything done.
- There is never enough money to do everything you want to do.
- You need a way to optimize time and money to make the most of your business opportunities.
Reality Check: Only about 50% of businesses with employees will survive their fifth year in business. This means that logically half of all businesses started in 2020 will fail. You probably know without being told that you must increase your opportunity to stay in business without increasing your overhead or time consumption.
Order Management Software Saves Time & Money
Here are seven ways that a sales order management software can save your business:
- Data In, Errors Out: Business owners waste time updating price lists for suppliers and contact information for their reps. With so much data entry, there are bound to be mistakes. An OMS allows suppliers to update their information for their customers, so you know it is right when you place your order..
- Multiple Logins & Databases: Most buyers and owners have 5-9 supplier databases to log into to order their products. Each login can be frustrating and time consuming. An OMS can pull together all of those logins and databases into one dashboard and ordering system to allow you to order everything at once – for all your suppliers.
- Lack of Transparency: Contacting suppliers to find out if an order is received and when it will ship causes a bottleneck in the supply chain. An order management system allows buyers to check on order status and shipping information right on their desktop or phone.
- Reorder Notices: Running out of materials to make your products is the kiss of death. A strong OMS will send you reorder alerts to let you know that your order date is getting close and you should send in your order to get delivery by a certain date.
- Meetings to Meet: In-person meetings are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Developing a good relationship with your sales representatives is good for business, but the long discussions about orders and filling out forms means downtime that you can avoid. Remote ordering allows you to order or reorder products from your rep without the meetings.
- Online Invoicing & Payment: You no longer need to shuffle through piles of invoices and write checks to your suppliers. You can receive your invoices electronically and use Square to pay your invoices without delay.
- Scheduled DSD (Direct Store Delivery): Knowing when products will be delivered to your business helps you make good decisions and save time. Direct store delivery gives you the ability to predict your supplies and run your business without waiting for or running out of products.
Save Your Business with Jellyfish Order Management
Staying ahead of the failure curve is a vital mission for small and medium sized businesses that most owners never think about before starting a company. Thinking about the possibility of failure is a constant afterthought. Making strong decisions about implementing a sales order management system can streamline your efforts and make sure your business has what it takes to thrive and grow.
Sign up for your free Jellyfish retailer account – yes, really really free forever – and find out how you can bring time and money savings to your business.